Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Special Birthday Party

In a previous post about my Special Valentine I did not post any pictures of my son because the scanner was down (it still is...arghh!) and since he has lived out of town for several years I didn't have any recent pictures of him. We had his birthday party last Saturday and I finally got some pictures! It was so much fun spending this special time with family and my son's friends. My son has always had the most amazing friends and they all have been close for many years. I kept thinking that I knew these adults when they were just wee ones. They are now in their late twenties and early thirties (insert feeling old here).

Kevin has been trying to get into law enforcement for the last two years. Since most counties have been cutting back he has not had any luck. A couple of years ago he was two weeks away from his final interview for the San Diego County Sheriff's Deptartment when they had major budget cuts. I felt SO bad for him because I cannot even begin to tell you how hard he had to work to get that far. It was many months of hard work. But as a Mom deep down I was relieved. It is getting so dangerous for our law enforcment anymore.

Here is my handsome 30 year old son, Kevin




This cutie patootie is Shauna, my son's girlfriend. They have known each other since 7th grade! And yes, she is as sweet as she looks. She and Kevin are two peas in a pod. I hope I will soon be posting about a wedding. So is Shauna (wink, wink)

I couldn't resist orderding these cupcakes and I didn't tell Kevin because I was sure he would have tried to talk me out them (a Mom has to do what a Mom has to do). Even though I ordered them after Valentine's day they still had these heart rings. He was with me when I picked them up and I was bracing for the "OH MOM" comments but he said, "OH COOL!" (insert a shocked look on Mom's face here)

YES, he is all grown up and Mom is a little weepy at the moment.

xoxo to my wonderful and sweet friends, Sue

6 comments:

  1. I'm tellin' ya, girlfriend...they NEVER get too old to be our babies. I have 41 and 46 year old
    babies and they still will be my babies no matter what age.
    Your baby is a handsome dude!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally get to see your son! He is,indeed, handsome!!! You haven't posted in awhile. Shauna is so cute!! My son is 40 now. And whenever I look at him, I still see our little boy, it seems impossible for a mom to make the adjustment to big boy (make that man!) I can see how if Kevin got a job in law enforcement, you would spend quite a bit of time eworrying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My baby is 42 and dating a law enforcement officer who is waiting for an opening here....
    I am so glad I posted the pictures of the Flicker! I did not realize that so many had never seen one before! Hugs, Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a handsome son. Hoping he finds the job he wants soon. Cute girlfriend too. If he gets that job, you will be probably be hearing wedding bells soon. Hope those cupcakes were as good as they looked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy I came by here tonight and did not miss this special post. Your son and future daughter-in-law are both precious. I can see the sweetness just pouring out of both of them.
    Sorry your son is having such a hard time getting work at the sheriffs department. I chose Law Enforcement over 20 years ago and wish I could convince your Kevin to do other things but if it is in his heart then that is what he should do.
    God Bless all that do this job because it is one of the toughest ones a person can endure.
    Love your post and pictures
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. O, you gotta make this pie. It is sooo easy and quick and just delicious. Fill your pie crust to the top with favorite berries and pile that Sugar Free cool whip on and ...OH HONEY

    ReplyDelete