Friday, May 29, 2009

Fearless Friday

Strength Tree

Artist - Annette Miller

Do you ever feel that you just can’t quite get it together? I have been feeling that way for the last two weeks. This really is not a bad thing, it is just frustrating. I entered the blogworld because like many of you, we have some great things to share and we want to make a positive difference in someone’s life. All of us really do have interesting lives, although if you saw my to-do list for the weekend you would either say, “You poor thing”, or “Get a Life!”

I just can’t quite get it together because I have been so unmotivated to get back into what I really enjoy and that is my sewing and making my handbags, or anything else that I produce from my sewing machine. I really do want to share with all of you my little adventures in my sewing room.

I can’t say that I need a vacation because I just got back from a wonderful vacation. Maybe my brain is still on vacation. I am thinking of Mary Engelbreit’s little girl, with her hands on her hips and a stern look on her face saying, “Snap out of it!”

I have titled this post as “Fearless Friday” because I will head into the weekend with high hopes. I will “Snap out of it!”

If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to your mountain, "MOVE!" and it WILL move... and NOTHING will be impossible for YOU!

Matthew 17:20


I am wishing all of you a great weekend.

xxoo, Susan

4 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 29, 2009

    I've been in the same funk for a while now. Mostly because I've realized that for now & for a few reasons, i'm closing up shop. I may list an item or two from time to time but suffice to say, it's not the right time for me right now.

    I used that very quote not two weeks ago. I've been having a bit of a rough patch lately with dumb luck, bad luck whatever you call it. Add to that, a broken foot. Yeah.. i'm in a funk. Not a bad funk, just a funk. *wink*

    Try with something small. I started with sorting through some paper work that I had neglected. I'm working my way up.

    Feel better and have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy. Thanks for the pep talk. I am so sorry for your broken foot. It's always something. You insprire me. When I am feeling blue (feeling sorry for myself is more like it) I stop and think about you and some of my other friends that really have daily struggles that they have no control over and then I give myself a big "Shame on You" because I am very blessed that I am in relatively good health and am living a comfortable life without really any major concerns. Don't get me wrong, I still have to budget but if my car needed new tires tomorrow I could buy them. Anyway, thank you Tammy for being you. I have enjoyed our new "friendship" immensely.
    xxoo, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan ~

    After reading your post I will tell you what words I raised my children with daily ...

    Absolutely nothing is impossible, don't let anyone tell you, you cannot do something. IF you want to do something, forge forth & make it happen. Sitting around feeling 'off' for your self will only dig you deeper down, do something to take your mind off whatever bothers you, everything is possible if you want it bad enough. Positive thinking is an asset that will get you thru anything .....

    I have 2 children that are very successful because of this strength instilled in them.

    All things do not come at the moment(s) we wish they did, in daily life, but the one thing that I found that carries me thru the daily humps & bumps is my relationship in prayer with God ... & patience.

    Once you get started 'doing' a project to show us out there in cyber world, the more you will get back into momentum. Think positive, pick up the scissors & get to 'whacking' ... chuckle!

    Welcome to our world ... TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you well as you work today. I always love the early part of Saturday when everything looks hopeful and I have my To Do List in hand. Somehow it never works out in reality like it does in my head.

    The Raggedy Girl

    ReplyDelete