Monday, August 24, 2009

I Miss the Whimsy

I don't know about you, but when Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion stopped publication it made me very sad. When I pulled this perky publication from the mailbox everything else ceased to exist for at least an hour. God forbid dinner was cooking (just kidding). The colors alone were enough to pull anyone out of grumpy mood. Well, we have Mary back. No it's not her magazine but she is now blogging. Yipeeeeeeee! It's time for a happy dance. Or should I say a coloful and whimsical happy dance.

I have collected ME fabrics for a long time. I have made many of my tote bags from her fabrics and those are always the first ones to sell at my craft shows.

Mary's Blog

xxoo ~Sue

7 comments:

  1. I miss that magazine too! I bet your totes are cute with ME fabric!
    Guess I take a look at her blog.
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too miss her magazine and would love her blog address, thank you for sharing.

    The Raggedy Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for Mary's blog address! I can't wait to visit. Have a great night! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your kind words regarding my craft. It means even more coming from a fellow artisian!!

    I LOVE M.E. fabrics. I used to sell a lot fo stuff on ebay made from them. I've been scouting them again for fall items. I'm going to check her blog out for sure.

    Thank you for always stopping by... it means more than you know. Hugs. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are happy, once again. Chuckle! Have a lovely weekend. TTFN~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know ME had a blog until you shared this with us. Where have I been? Thank you very much for the link. Yep, Mary is just a breath of cheerful, fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have been a ME fan from the very start.

    I also want to tell you that I just became a follower of yours. I read a post you left on another blog and was drawn to your blogsite's name. I posted recently about my mother's pinking shears... and how I was never to touch them. I will look more at your posts to see the story behind your blogs name.

    After reading you profile I see that we have a lot in common. I taught decorative painting (tole) and used to live just outside Sacramento before moving to Texas. I'm sure you have also noticed the change in humidity!

    I will be looking forward to reading your blog on a regular basis.

    Take care, Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete